Saturday, April 05, 2008

Student Teaching

Yesterday I met my cooperating teacher for student teaching at Peoria High School. He's a rather intimidating man standing at 6'8" and 300 pounds, but he's got a great sense of humor. Once he said, "I bet I'm the tallest Mexican you've ever seen!" I knew we'd get along great. It sounds like student teaching in such an area will be tough, but making it through will be a really great experience. He told me to practice in front of a mirror my yelling at students since I'm a girl with small stature.

I also met some of the other teachers, all of which were very warm and inviting. I learned that this is the oldest high school in Illinois and was built in 1856. There was a plaque in the hall that listed the 31 students of Peoria High that served in the Civil War. For such an old school in not such a nice neighborhood, I thought that it looked very good. I'm excited to student teach, especially with a guy that I really like.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got off on a good start at the school you'll be teaching. You can practice yelling at Dad and I if you want, when you come home.
Thanks for adding the anonymous comments. Mom

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home