Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Well, it's been a long while since my last post, I just thought I would give an update on my life. School is going well. Last year my math class was quite a struggle- this year most of it is a breeze. There has not been much that I have not been able to figure out on my own. I also feel smart because I've been helping people with Calculus I, II, and III, as well as Discrete Math.

I have not taken a test in any class yet, but I will be taking two tomorrow.... I know the material pretty well so I am not that concerned with how well I will do.

People on my floor are very nice. If I have a problem or a favor to ask of them, they are more than willing to help. For example, yesterday I could have qualified for Val's "doofus of the day" title. I had lost my cell phone; I looked everywhere for it, even the bathroom. I asked a girl on the floor to call it, and she did. I heard the ringing in my room, but still did not see the damn phone. I could tell that it was in the general area of my desk, and I thought maybe I had dropped it behind the desk. That would have made a lot more sense than what had actually happened; I had put the cell phone in the drawer. Yes, in the drawer. Sometimes even I am surprised with how strange I am....

Well, I am yet again going down to Bradley again. This time, I am going to actually get a key to Alex's house in Peoria! This is the first time it has ever felt like I live with a boyfriend, and getting a copy of his key really seals in that feeling. The reason why I'm actually getting a key to his place, besides the fact that I live there Friday through Sunday and sometimes supplemental days, is that the doors have to be locked all the time (due to the bad neighborhood) and Alex's phone doesn't work all the time. I always call Alex when I pull up behind his house because I have to be let in, but when his phone isn't working I'm stuck outside for a while. This happened the other weekend, and he felt so bad he decided to get me a copy this weekend. I guess he's putting a lot of trust in me to give me 24 hour access to most of his things and his roommates' things.

While it's true that I do not enjoy ISU as much as Bradley, I am getting used to it and much more comfortable with my environment. I guess a big issue is the roommate situation, which for me is perfectly fine. We get along great and haven't had problems... except for when she accidentily locked me out of the room while I was in the shower. This wouldn't have been so bad if my floor wasn't co-ed if even if I had known the people on the floor better. I really wasn't that embarassed.

Well, that about covers the first couple weeks here at ISU!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Also, you posted this twice.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Sara Sherman said...

Michelle, glad you didn't lose your phone - as you know, that would be bad.
Hope you are careful if Alex's house is in a bad neighborhood. No comment on the key.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home